Make your holiday a relaxing and joyful time by knowing as much as possible about our wonderful property. Please read these terms and condition.
1. RENTAL: The Tenant agrees to rent from the Landlord and the Landlord agrees to lease to the Tenant the Property. Landlord and Tenant understand and agree that the Property is a vacation rental. The tenant is a transient guest or seasonal tenant. Venue for all disputes will take place in Montgomery County, PA. Tenant will be responsible for all of the owner’s legal fees incurred for enforcing this agreement.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF PROPERTY: Opinions as to the condition of the Property vary from individual to individual and are very subjective. If the Tenant has not personally viewed or inspected the Property, the tenant shall not rely on any opinion expressed by a third party, including the Rental Agent or the Landlord. The Tenant bears the sole risk of renting the Property sight unseen and in not being satisfied with the condition of the Property at the time of check-in. It is highly recommended that the Tenant personally inspect the Property. The tenant has not been promised anything as to the condition of the Property unless stated in this lease. The property is rented “as is”.
3. PETS: Absolutely No Pets shall be permitted on the Property. The Tenant shall obey this and all of the Landlord’s other rules for the safety and cleanliness of the Property and for the comfort and convenience of other occupants. In the event that a pet is discovered in violation of this rental agreement, than the Tenant shall be evicted immediately with no refund forthcoming.
4. USE: The Tenant shall take possession of and use the Property only as a private residence for not more than the maximum number of persons as indicated above/ The Tenant shall not allow the Property to be used for any business, professional or unlawful purposes. House trailers and recreational vehicles are not permitted on the Property. There shall be no alterations of the Property and no fixtures. The Tenant affirms that he/she is over twenty five years of age and minors will not occupy the property unless an adult is present. Unreasonable noise or disturbance by the Tenant will result in immediate eviction.
5. END OF TERM AND SECURITY DEPOSIT: The Tenant agrees to return the Property to the Landlord at the expiration of his lease in as clean and as good condition as it was at the beginning of the lease term, except for normal wear caused by reasonable use. In addition, the Tenant agrees to repair, replace or pay for any breakage or damage to the Property, furnishings and equipment, and the Tenant authorizes deduction for these expenses, or any other amounts due from the Tenant, from the Security Deposit. All Security Deposits will be held in a non-interest bearing account. The Security Deposit may be automatically refunded ten (10) days after termination of this lease. The Landlord is solely responsible for monitoring the condition of the Property. If damage, excessive cleaning, utility bills, or other unpaid amounts have been resulted from the actions of the Tenant, the Tenant is liable for said amounts in full, and any appropriate amount will be deducted from the Security Deposit upon the request of the Landlord. Any remaining balance will be refunded to the Tenant. The Tenant must notify Landlord in writing prior to taking possession of property of any damage to the Property at the time of check-in. Reports received at check-out of damage existing at the Property at time of check-in will not be considered valid.
6. ACCESS TO PROPERTY: The Landlord shall have access to the Property from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. to inspect the property, make necessary repairs, alterations, or improvements, supply necessary services and show the Property to possible buyers, tenants, contractors, etc.
7. AGREEMENT AND TENANT DEFAULT: This Lease is valid only when accepted by the Landlord in writing, and may be terminated by the Landlord upon the default of any payments or obligations of the Tenant, as outlined in the Lease.
8. CANCELLATION: IN the event the Tenant wishes to cancel this Lease, the Tenant may do so only upon the consent of the Landlord. The cancellation request must be submitted in writing by the Tenant to the Landlord. The Tenant understands that if the Tenant cancels this Lease the Landlord has the right to demand the full payment of rent in accordance with the terms of this lease. In the event that the Landlord does not release the Tenant from the continued obligation to pay rent or the Property is no re-rented at full price, the Landlord may demand that the Tenant continue to remain obligated to pay the rental amount. All cancellations must be made at least 150 days in advance. All cancellation’s refunded will be charged a $150.00 adminstration fee.
9. AMENITIES: The tenant shall furnish personal items. Appliances, air-conditioning and television are not guaranteed and refunds will not be given due to breakdown. Repairs will be made as soon as reasonably possible based on the availability of repairmen and contractors. If a telephone is provided in the Property, all toll calls must be charged to the Tenant’s home or credit card. If a telephone deposit is paid, it will automatically be refunded sixty (60) days after termination of this Lease unless otherwise directed by the Landlord in writing. The list of the property’s amenities is on the website, though no warranties are given as to its accuracy.
10. RENTABILITY: If the Leased premises are destroyed by fire, or other casualty or acts of God so as to unfit for occupancy, either prior to or during the term of the Lease, the Landlord shall return an equitable, prorated share of any rents that may have been paid in advance. The Lease shall not terminate as a result of off-site conditions beyond the control of the Landlord or as a result of inoperable appliances at the Property.
11. SUBLETTING: The Tenant shall not sublet the Property without written consent of the Landlord.
12. UTILITIES: Unless set forth above, utilities are included in the rental rate.
411Sombrero Beach Rd. Marathon, FL 33050
Check in Time is 4:00 PM Check out time is 10:00 AM, there is no early check in or late check out.
Both front doors (first floor in law suite and second floor main house) have combination door locks. The combination to the doors will be given after booking. Punch in the no and the door will unlock. To lock punch the lock button only, you do not need the combination to lock the door.
We do provide linens, bath and pool towels. There are 2 California king beds and 2 regular king beds, 1 full size bed and 3 twin beds. The pool towels are in the pool side bathroom.
The Alarm system will be turned off prior to your check-in. And will be turned back on by the cleaning service.
Trash pickup schedule is – Monday and Friday. The house is very close to where they start and they are here first thing in the morning you will need to put out the trash Sunday and Thursday nights.
All trash must be in trash bags and in the cans.
Recycling is picked up Wednesday morning only.
If we need to put out / remove your trash we will deduct $100.00 off of your deposit. Please remember to take care of it. We do not want to charge you anything additional.
There is a Garbage Disposal on site, please no shellfish shells or corn husk, and please use cold water only it will back up for sure!!!
The House is a non smoking house and we will deduct $500.00 off of your security deposit for a heavy cleaning.
The house has Wi-Fi, it will come up as 411 Sombrero, the pass word will be given after the booking.
Eating should only take place in the following areas, kitchen, dining table and
Outdoor patio’s and kitchen / bar, none of these places is a couch or a bedroom, Thank You
Outdoor kitchen is on a large propane tank you will have no problem with. The smaller grill is also propane with a small tank, there is a backup tank behind the grill.
The pool company comes every week and usually in the morning. Please no diving from the waterfall. It is a major accident waiting to happen. If the water level is on the low side of the pool skimmers please add water, we just run the hose so it is filling and you see and hear the water. I have forgotten many times that I was filling the pool. Children MUST be supervised at all times in the pool and canal areas.
The landscaper comes every week usually on Monday weather permitting.
The steps front and rear, patio and baloneys are all tiled, when they are wet they are EXTREAMLY SLIPPERLY. Please use caution. There are some pitted areas in the patio that will hold puddled water after the rest has dried, so when you’re not expecting it and again it will be VERY slippery.
If you have any questions the 24 hours contact phone numbers are as follows.
Bill Blum 267-446-6620 cell / If I do not respond to my cell I am probably in the mountains with no cell signal. The phone number to the mountain house is 814-349-4317 it should be an emergency, I respond to email well.
Monique Blum 215-756-2905
Debbie Stryuf 305-481-8379 local house manager
Summer months leave air condition on 70, (running the air conditioning lower than 68 will freeze up the compressor and will take 24 hours to thaw, Please do not put it lower than 68.
We love our home and we think it shows, and we expect you will want to treat it as your own.
We do have a cleaning service for the basic living cleaning, if any special or heavy duty cleaning is necessary we will deduct additional money off your security deposit.
Please empty all three fridges and freezers especially the bait freezer.
We are an island community. All water is brought in via pipeline. Please watch your usage. Never leave the hose on un-attended, even in the pool or boat, hoses blow out all the time with the sun.
Make sure all doors are locked when you leave.
We hope that you enjoyed your stay. Please feel free to leave us a review on the HYPERLINK “http://www.homeaway.com” www.homeaway.com / HYPERLINK “http://www.vrbo.com” www.vrbo.com listing site, we are property number 4025922
Bill & Monique Blum